Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Business School student and managing time

After being accepted into one of the best business schools in the country, the Kelley School of Business at Indiana University, I was thrilled. But being in college in a prestigious Businesss school means not a lot of down time. We are always on the go. Our generation is know for being able to multi-task. But everyone knows it is hard to do something that doesn't have your full attention. Therefore, it is important to be able to manage your time.



As a student, there are a few time management skills that I have used over my first two years of college. One of the most important tasks in college is being able to manage a social life while at the same time manage your school work and professional requirements. There needs to be a balance between friends and school. Find the medium. Next, another important skill is finding your best time for studying. Everyone is different and studies at better times than others. Find what works for you and stick with it, get in a routine. Another thing that is important to efficiently using your time is studying in an environment that is suitable. Simply put, limit distractions. The less distractions, the more focused you'll be. Finally, it is important to take breaks when you study or do anything mental challenging. These short breaks allow you to not get burnt out while at the same time give your mind time to process the information. Overall, I've found that these are a great start to managing your time. Give them a try.



Source:

1 comment:

  1. I agree with your article and believe managing your time is one of the most important aspects for a successful college life. The point you made that I agree with you the most is that one must find the right way to study for themselves. Just because one person can read class notes and do well on a test without reading the book does not always translate to success for another student. Also, managing a social life and school work seems to be the hardest thing to do for most of us college students. I feel that this post really hit on the major issues that affect most of us college students.

    ReplyDelete